Friday, February 10, 2012

Charlie, the Horse?

Here was my conversation today with Abby:


Abby: My leg hurts.


(Teachers--how many times a day do you hear "My ___ hurts"?)


Me: Honey, you're just going to have to tell your mom about it tonight.


Abby: I did this morning. And you know what? I don't get this. She told me it's a horse! And guess what else? She named it Charlie!!


Me: Oh, I see. You have a charlie horse in your leg.


Abby: [looks at me like I'm as crazy as she thinks her mother is] No! It's just a knot or something.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That's a good one!

I am a homeschool teacher for two very quirky little girls, and the other day the five year old told me her boobs on her knee hurt. She has shortened "boo boo" to just "boob" now. I hope she doesn't talk like that in public! :)