Thursday, August 21, 2008

Satellite Dish

I start my mornings with community time where kids share lots of different things. I have the same kiddos this year, so I wanted to know what they spent their summer doing. I got the typical answers:

  • "I went swimming in the lake."
  • "I played with my sister."
  • "We went camping."

Then G shared, "I was helping my sister build a treehouse and look at my thumb!" [holds up thumb with a seriously nasty blood blister] "Then look what happened!" [holds up finger with a big scrape]

"G, what happened there?"

He replied, "Well, after we worked on the treehouse, we rode bikes. I rode right into the satellite dish."

Seriously...who does that?!

1 comment:

Ms Debbie said...

I enjoy your blog. I have a good one for you. I have a little girl that showed up our first day with a HUGE nasty scrape across her face. Her mom said she had a scooter accident. Today, the mom showed up with bookmarks from a bicycle safety course she taught last night. Seriously? I had to laughed. She laughed with me, so it is all good