Friday, September 12, 2008

Writing Honestly.

One of my colleagues and I have been teaching writing together and starting something about writing honestly. You know, secrets, stuff you don't want anyone to see, maybe you want to padlock this stuff, embarrassing stuff, etc.

Here's what came out of that:

"I wonder why my mom and dad fight. Then why do they kiss after that?"

"I really miss my grandpa because he died. And I love him so much."

"This morning at breakfast I burped and then farted. Then I got to school and I had to again, so I went in the bathroom and farted some more. Then I burped and it was funny. And it just kept going on and on and on."


You know we were all laughing...

2 comments:

Michelle Haseltine said...

I love this idea and I'll be borrowing this to use with my sixth graders. Thanks for the interesting and funny blog.

Deanna said...

That last one.... hilarious!!!

On a more serious note, Christi, I think this is WONDERFUL. Providing a safe place for them to express their feelings. Brilliant....