Thursday, February 21, 2008

My First Real Days Away.

I have only had a substitute teacher for a half day this year when I was DEATHLY ill. And I spoke with her IN FRONT of my little darlings so they would know who was boss.

This week I was blessed to go to a supercool conference with some colleagues I adore. Had a great time, did some studying, etc. My kiddos had a sub, of course.

So we all met at school to ride together and when we got back after the first day, a couple of us went in the building...I, just to be sure my room hadn't entirely exploded. Not that subs don't do a good job...but I digress.

Anyway, I was already fretting about leaving my kids, and apparently it was for a good reason.

I was intercepted at the door by none other than our school nurse.

Bless her heart, she had seen 15 of my 19 kids that day.

And, as any good teacher can, I can right now tell you the four who DIDN'T see her.

Apparently my little sweeties were handing off the nurse pass like a free ticket to DisneyWorld.

No comments: