Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sometimes you have to laugh or you'll just cry.

My wonderful colleague has a doozy of a class this year.  This is what she told me today:

"Oh my goodness...today has been really stressful...so I decided to put on some soothing music for the kids when they came in from recess.  Totally didn't work.  One kid was under his desk playing, another girl that never is quiet was screaming that he was under his desk playing, another kid was trying his darndest to dance to the soothing music...then I look back, and guess what Glue Eater's Friend is doing?  Oh yes...she is cutting up paper towels and her math paper that has yet to be completed and is glueing them to another paper.  So I asked what she was doing, and she said, 'I'm glueing because my friend Glue Eater likes to eat glue so I'm making her something to eat.'"

We had to stop our converstation because two boys were trying to kill each other before our very eyes.  Repeat after me:  "I will get through this day, I will get through this day..."

No comments: