Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Separating Lunch Tags

I have two little girls in my room who are such great friends that during learning time they aren't allowed to sit together. Each day they beg, "Please, please can we sit together?" And each time, after no more than 30 seconds, it's over. "C and T, please separate."

Also as a general management procedure in my room, I have lunch tags. When the kids come in in the morning, the very first thing they do is move their lunch tag to either "School lunch" or "Packed lunch." At the end of each day I have my helper of the day move the tags back up to be ready for the next morning.

At the end of the day today I asked my helper to move the tags back up to their starting positions.

A couple of minutes later he came to me and said, "Just so you know, I separated C and T because their tags can't be together up there. They're such good friends."


Oh my goodness...I cracked up! He didn't really know why it was so funny.

No comments: