Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Braces and Containers

The kids in my classes for the last two years have had a lot of dental issues, so last year I did a unit on healthy habits. I included a kind of how-to session on doing what your dentist says and following his directions. In the past I've showed them how to brush their teeth, floss, etc. Once I even did a part about how to take care of braces and retainers because I had several kids with orthodontic issues too. Yeah, I even talked about how I'm 26 and still wear my retainers...didn't say how supercool they are when you're married, though...coming to bed every night in retainers!

But I digress.


This year I've had several girls from my past classes tell me how their orthodontic appointments have gone and they have of course shown me their awesome (and from my experience, painful) mouth metal.

Today one of my past students found me and said, "Mrs. Overman! I went to the dentist and he said I have to get braces and CONTAINERS!"


I guess that's kinda what retainers are...plastic stuff to hold your teeth in your mouth...


No comments: