Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Maybe You'll Think These Are Funny.


I've noticed in my three years of teaching first grade that by spring kids are starting to understand jokes.


After awhile, they begin to create their own. Oh dear.



Here is how I spent my lunch today:


"Mrs. Overman, why did the giraffe cross the road? He wanted to die and get a truck stuck in his neck!"


"Why did the bunny cross the road? He wanted to get hit by a car. No wait, that's not right...I saw this on TV once...I mean, he didn't want to get hit so he hopped really fast."


"Mrs. Overman, why did the chicken cross the road? To get some eggs."


"Hey! Why did the rabbit cross the road? So he could run across the street!"



I finally excused myself from this roadkill fest.



Don't you wonder if the SNL writers started out like this too?

No comments: