Monday, August 27, 2007

Hard Board

This is not my favorite story, but it's worth posting...somebody might get a kick out of it.


Kick...ahh, the -ck words...


Anyway, I have a little girl in my class this year who is very verbal but her vocabulary isn't very large so she tends to either be very wordy or make up words. Today she came back from the office and told me this:

"There is an ambulance up there to take a kid to the hospital. He's going to the hospital because he hurt his back and every time he stands up it really hurts. They are going to get him some x-rays and right now they are putting him on the hard board."


She meant stretcher.



I love when kids just blow by words they don't know, make them up, and never look back.


(Hmmm...another -ck word)

Can you tell what I'm reviewing tomorrow?

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love your blog!! I just discovered it and love all the stories. I have taught first grade for the last few years and am about to switch to second grade this year.

I really enjoy how positive and sweet your posts are. Thanks!