Friday, August 31, 2007

Pie and Vegetarians

I have two stories to share today...both happened this morning.

This morning was our first spelling test and I reminded the kids to take a last look at the Word Wall words before we started the test. One kid yells across the room,

"THIS IS PIE."


So I'm of course thinking, What in the world...???


He explains,

"You know, this stuff is pie. Like it's easy."


Ah, you mean "easy as pie."

Gotcha.
______________________________________________



I have to admit that often I ask selfish questions during my morning community circle time just to see what they'll say. Okay, selfish is harsh...I just want to know more about my kids as individuals.

Today's question open to all: What do you want to be when you grow up?

"A teacher."

"A cop."

"A handyman."


There were more, but I'll skip to the winner:

"A vegetarian because I really like to help sick animals."


The kids didn't blink, either because they'd tuned out by this point or they were thinking, "Oh yeah, I take my dog to the vegetarian a lot!"

No comments: